Choices in round? CEFIONTECT, height, design...

Users who are viewing this thread

FD

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just joined and this is my first post. Thank you for your kind consideration.

Due to space constraints (and because I already have a round washlet I'd prefer to reuse rather than buying an elongated one) I am looking at installing a round Toto toilet as part of my remodel. Seems like there are very few choices in round. No CEFIONTECT, only the standard height (we are tall and she-who-must-be-obeyed has some knee pain), fewer design choices. Is that correct?

Right now my likely choice is MS853113. However I am confused on the suffixes. Multiple versions:
- MS853113 (no suffix, seems to be a 1.6 GPF Ultimate with Power Gravity flusing, I don't think I want an ultimate, I want an ultramax with G-Max, right?)
- MS853113E (seems to be a 1.28 GPF Eco Ultramax, I am concerned about going all the way down to 1.28 since it's not mandated here and I would rather have 1.6)
- MS853113S (looks to be the 1.6 GPF Ultramax everybody raves about here?)

In any case, once I look at the MS853113S Ultramax, there are no further options. No CEFIONTECT in round, and only the standard (14-5/8") height, right?

Is it at least the same flushing design and mechanism for round as it is for elongated?

Also, the distance between wall and center of drain in my bathroom is a bit less than 12", more like 11-3/4". On the Toto chart, I see they reserve 3/4" between the wall and the back of the tank. Am I correct in assuming I'll be ok with 11-3/4" by just reducing the offset in back of tank to 1/2"?

Thank you
FD

ms853113e-01.jpg

MS853113E-01

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The space behind each toilet within a manufacturer's products line and those available from others will vary on a model-to model basis...do not take 3/4" as the 'norm' - you MUST look at the individual spec sheet.

Being at 11-3/4", you should be able to fit nearly any 12" rough-in toilet from nearly any manufacturer. In practice, the outlet of most toilets is a bit over 2" in diameter and the smallest toilet flange ID that meets code is 3". There's enough slop in the mounting, that worst case, you could make up that extra 1/4", if required.

I'd have to look, but I think the "E" means ecco, or 1.28g flushing. This may meet your needs, but look through their website for other possible choices..

Reach4

Reaction score
Right now my likely choice is MS853113E (what does the E mean btw, it does not appear to mean elongated, which would be MS854114E(G)?).

E is 1.28 GPF E-Max, and G is 1.6 GPF G-Max flushing

Wallijonn

Reaction score
Since height is your paramount consideration you may want to fore-go the CEFIONTECT and just get a "Right Height" or "Chair Height" ADA toilet, which will probably mean going to a non-Toto manufacturer, like American Standard or Kohler. You just have to buy the right one, one with a sweeping trap-way instead of one that takes sharp turns. Whiles leaves out most, if not all, of the Kohlers.

You probably don't want to buy from Home Depot or Lowe's since they supposedly get seconds and thirds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKUEzozoYwM Find out what your local plumber supply house return policy is, whether or not a toilet can be returned after being installed. If they say no, go to another plumbing supply house.

You say that you have space constraints; does that also include total tank height?

For a while I was considering a Kohler because it was advertised as fitting an elongated bowl in the same space as a round. I'm glad I got the Toto Drake, instead, after seeing a friend's Kohler at work in his home. Download all the spec sheets and compare dimensions. For example, if you look at an AS round it may have the same dimensions as a Toto Elongated, being about 28" from the wall. Hopefully you'll find something that works well for your needs.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The one I linked to is 16-1/8" to the rim, round, and has CEFIONTECT ( a typical seat adds at least an inch to that height, typically a bit more). So, there is at least one Toto toilet in their line that meets your requirements. I didn't take the time to search for others...the style is either something you like or you don't. There may be other styles meeting your requirements.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
CST423SFG will give you everything you want. 1.6 G Max. Universal height. CEFIONTECT. Round bowl.

You are completely correct about the original Ultramax and the labeling as you have described. On the original one, you are not going to get CEFIONTECT or universal height on the round bowl. So I would go with the promenade if you want those things. It's an excellent toilet that still sells a lot of units.

SAS

Reaction score
I would agree with the recommendation of a Toto Promenade. I just installed one for my father in law. We didn't have room for elongated and he needed the ADA height. In our prior home I had installed the Drake ADA height in his bathroom, and he was very happy with that . This seems to perform just as well, but it fits in a tight space.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks