Chasing skirts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Superduper

Reaction score
... no not what you think... this is a toilet discussion.

Well, we moved into a (new to us) home with no Toto in it... that had to change. The master bath was recently remodeled, but they put in an A/S Champion 4 toilet... workable but didn't flush all that well. Great... good excuse for a swap.

I've done Drake's before, but wanted the one-piece, and was gonna buy the Ultramax... till my wife complained about cleaning the sides of the toilet (who does that anyway), and so sprung another $100 for the Carlyle (with the skirt). Cool... simple install..

Well... and the point of this missive... the toilet skirt brings a lot of ceramic right near the wall. Unfortunately, it was right where the previously installed stub/out+stop was located. A one hour install now turned into a set of relatively simple, but time consuming process of moving the stop away from toilet skirt area -- including drywall which is my nemesis. And yes, the toto instructions gave guidelines on dimensions... but who reads these anyway?

So.. if you're considering a skirted toilet ... maybe any model that has a lot of wall real-estate taken up with the commode... look carefully at where the shutoff/stop is located, and (gasp!) read installation guidelines. Moving a stop is not difficult but not fun, and has little rewards other than you get your new commode.

All is good... toilet is wonderful (though about 3/4" lower than the Champion...), flushes well, and uses less water. A bit pricey, but wife (and I) are happy to be back on the Toto.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks