Changing from air over water to pre charged tank

Users who are viewing this thread

welldone

Reaction score
I am changing to a pre charged tank from an air over water tank and understand than there may be an air valve aprox 5 ft underground that will need to be sealed? Or that if i remove the check valve and schrader valve above ground that the underground valve couldn't open and could be left alone? If I leave the check valve in place can I run the pre charged tank for a couple of days till i get a pro out to remove/seal that valve underground? Thanks for any help.

Reach4

Reaction score
From prior posts, I think you want to take out the checkvalve that is above ground. If the underground valve does not leak much, you could probably skip getting the well drop pipe pulled up. If it cycles with no water being used, get the underground valve eliminated in a few days.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks