Cast Iron Main Drain In Crawl Space

Users who are viewing this thread

DanMcD

Reaction score
I need to replace the cast iron main sewer drain in my crawl space with PVC. I do not want to worry about future leaks in the crawl space where I can't see them.

Would it be best to bring the PVC through the foundation wall and connect the PVC to the cast pipe outside of the house?

What is the best way to secure the new PVC pipe? I have a little floor jiggle when I walk inside, so I'm not sure that would cause a problems with using hangers (the current cast pipe rests on a set of bricks every 8 feet).

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I need to replace the cast iron main sewer drain in my crawl space with PVC. I do not want to worry about future leaks in the crawl space where I can't see them.

Would it be best to bring the PVC through the foundation wall and connect the PVC to the cast pipe outside of the house?

What is the best way to secure the new PVC pipe? I have a little floor jiggle when I walk inside, so I'm not sure that would cause a problems with using hangers (the current cast pipe rests on a set of bricks every 8 feet).

Replace as much as you possible can.

You can hang the pipe or lay it on supports like your cast iron currently is.

The little bit of wiggle in your floor joist won't screw up the hangers for the pipe if you chose to hang it.

Last edited: