Can someone double check my wiring diagram?

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by dizzo72, Apr 10, 2010.

1. dizzo72

dizzo72 New Member

Apr 10, 2010

Attached Files:

2. Alectrician

Alectrician DIY Senior Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Reasonable is a relative term.

I never run the travelers thru the lights. Too many extra splices and you have to take fixtures down to troubleshoot.

2 wire power at one end, 2 wire switch leg at either end and 3 wire between them is the way to go. Nothing in the fixture boxes except the switch legs.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Lightwave

Lightwave New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Be careful with box fill limits for the upper left hand octagon box on your schematic.
  5. jbfan74

jbfan74 Electrical Contractor

Jun 14, 2007
    Electrical Contractor
    Newnan, GA
    Like stated above, least complicated way to do the work.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    Eliminate the run you call #1, and run a two wire, (not 3 wire), cable between the two switches connected to the "traveler" terminals. You have the neutral taken care of in the boxes, so all you need is a "hot" to the first switch from the "fixture #1 box", the travelers between the switches, and the "load" wire from switch #2 to the "fixture #4 box". This will simplify your wiring in the boxes.
  7. Alectrician

Alectrician DIY Senior Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Unorthodox wiring methods rarely simplify anything.

Keep the power and switch legs in the switch boxes and run a 3wire between them.