Can I use this...

Users who are viewing this thread

TonyBagadonutz

Electrician
Reaction score
Can I use a double wye on venting?

Something similar to this, and with the 3 openings pointing down:

All the hubs would be 2".

What angle fitting would return those "wings" to vertical? 45's?

(This is part of the plan: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1749 ; last photo, the red lines like a trident)

Is it possible to get a PVC slip coupling?

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmie

Reaction score
yes you could get pvc slip couplings...they're called repair couplings or shoulderless couplings. No can do on the doublewye. (by the way, it would be 45's to bring it back to vertical)

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
Here in my part of the world you can use the double wye on drains or vents. I've only used them on venting once in a very tight install. Normally I'll use double tees (cross) on vents and double wyes on drainage.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
y

There is no problem with a double "Y" on either a vent or a drain. A cross, either sanitary or vent, would be just as effective and possibly easier and cheaper to use.

TonyBagadonutz

Electrician
Reaction score
Since my drawing skills are "limited" :eek: (to say the least), I will make a mock-up of what I intend to do...then change, after people - that have a clue- will hopefully, comment on.
I bought a bunch of pipe and fittings (and a few extras) to accomplish this feat.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks