Can 10" go to 12", roughly

Users who are viewing this thread

Chemmy

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been looking over the threads posted here and thought I'd throw up another slight variation of a recuring problem.

I have an older home. The basement toilet is a 10" rough in. I'd like to change this to a 12". Now, my drain is in cement.... However, I'm planning to (soon) pour a ~2" subfloor for infloor heating. Can I take advantage of this elevation gain to 'shift' my closet flange 2"?

I hope that's clear enough. Pouring new floor over existing, want to offset toilet drain. Not wanting to break up concrete.

Your thought's are appreciated.
d.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The degree of difficulty will depend largely on the direction the drain line run in relation to the toilet. If it comes directly from the back or the front, you will only have to open the floor enough to cut the old bend off, add or remove some pipe to extend the drain or shorten it (depending on which direction the pipe is coming from) If the pipe comes from the side, that will require more effort. It's still doable especially since you are pouring a new floor.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Since you are planning on doing concrete work anyways, avoid an offset flange and just move it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks