Brass to PVC best practice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Thefencemedic

Reaction score
Hey folks, need to connect a 3/4” water meter to 2” PVC. Was not sure what the best fitting to connect to the brass male NPT fitting on the meter? Water pressure is around 110-120 psi and not a fan of using a female PVC fitting to connect to the meter.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
best is a 2 inch x 3/4 bell reducer brass . you could use a 3/4 brass coupling followed by a 3/4 sch 80 nipple cut down ill screw one side into the brass coupling the other side is cut and can glue inside a bushing and a 2 inch 90. I typically want to get down deeper imediatly after the meter so the latter is my way plus a 3/4 coupling is cheaper I think it looks clean a sch 40 pvc male adapter works too

Thefencemedic

Reaction score
best is a 2 inch x 3/4 bell reducer brass . you could use a 3/4 brass coupling followed by a 3/4 sch 80 nipple cut down ill screw one side into the brass coupling the other side is cut and can glue inside a bushing and a 2 inch 90. I typically want to get down deeper imediatly after the meter so the latter is my way plus a 3/4 coupling is cheaper I think it looks clean a sch 40 pvc male adapter works to

Thanks, for the 2 inch x 3/4 bell reducer brass, how would you transition from the 2” brass to PVC? Sorry for my ignorance.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
a 2 inch pvc male adapter will transition from plastic to brass. Another good way to connect at meter I t5hink would look clean is a 2 inch brass 90 with a 2x3/4 brass bushing threaded might be a little spendy but again I like this method if your water meter is not set deep ours are under a foot deep I guess and we need 18 inches depth on plastic

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks