Borescope?

Users who are viewing this thread

VelvetFoot

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a relatively inexpensive borescope for general use?
I can think of a couple of times it would've helped around the house, and most lately a leak problem.
Thanks.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Not sure how much you want to spend, but I just saw a neat one at my car mechanic's shop. The peddler was bringing to independent shops and showing it off. It was a fiberoptic one that gave a very clear view. I think they were asking about $250 for it.

VelvetFoot

Reaction score
Yes, about what I was looking at. Provision makes some reasonably priced ones. I am currently thinking about a 36" long model with a 1/4" diameter fiber cable. Like below, but maybe a better price or with a couple of accessories like an angle viewer and magnet.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...4&R=200114274&cm_ven=TL&cm_pla=DF&cm_ite=auto

I've just picked up on this by looking around on the web, and don't know how these work in reality.

VelvetFoot

Reaction score
That's pretty nice. It looks to be a small camera in the tip vs fiberoptic. Oh, well, I've ordered the 36" 5.8mm fiberooptic pv636. $206 including shipping from tooltopia.com .

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks