Booster Water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

sorpreso

Reaction score
We are putting a small restaurant kitchen quite a distance from the boiler room in the basement and it takes a couple of minutes for the hot water to get to the dishwasher. I would appreciate any recomendations for an economical booster heater for the dishwasher room ( two sinks and a dishwasher that uses 1 1/2 gal per cycle). Should we go with a small tank heater, or tankless on-demand? :confused:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might consider a recirculation pump. That would give you instant hot water in any amount you need.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
If the health dept is complaining about the max. water temp being too low, you would have to use the booster... If it is just a matter of not getting hot water quick enough, I second the idea of a re-circ line...

Calif_Pilot

own a plumbing company
Reaction score
recirc system

You might also look into the Grundfos comfort system..the system works great providing your using a hot water storage tank system and not a boiler..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks