Boiler zones

Users who are viewing this thread

mlagalo

Reaction score
i have a boiler with 4 zones. main zone works upper and lower don't unless i turn the thermostat for the main zone off then the upper and lower will get heat

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
That's not much information to go on, even if there was a question.

What are your goals here?

Reach4

Reaction score
I think one of his goals was to minimize his effort by using his phone instead of a computer.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Can you be a bit less cryptic?

How about some basic system information, such as:

The make/model of boiler?

The make/model of zone controller?

Separate pumps for each zone, or single pump + zone-valves ?

Amount & type of radiation for each zone (separately, not just one number)?

By "...unless i turn the thermostat for the main zone off..." do you really mean "off", or do you mean "turn down so that it isn't calling for heat" ?

I could speculate all day on what could cause it, but it's crazy to run through the possibilities without some real information.

Here's just one possible explanation:

If the zone controller one that has a "priority" zone, and the main zone's thermostat is on the zone designated as priority, all other zone calls will be ignored until the main zone's call for heat is satisfied.

There are others.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks