Boiler Front Gasket Leak

Users who are viewing this thread

jmacl

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just had a quick question about the size of the job to replace the front gasket on my boiler.
The sweating shouldn't be an issue for me, but I am a little worried about draining the boiler.
Also the construction of the internals after the plate is removed concerns me, I am not sure what to expect
from the thermostat, and how the front plate will actually remove. So I was hoping that someone with
experience could tell me whether I can DYI this, or if I should leave it for a pro.

The boiler is a:
Trianco Heatmaker
Serial: 1093-1199
Model: DBC-85

Are there torque specs for the plate?

Possibly the cause of the failure was over tightening?

The gasket from the side, looks water logged:
1.jpg

Front shot:
3.jpg

Right side, not leaking:
4.jpg

5.jpg

Thanks in advance!

James

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 399

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Can't answer your question, but I had a Trianco Heatmaker (different model), and finally replaced it because it was so much of a pain to keep running. It was the Heatmaker II, with the domestic hot water built in.

jmacl

Reaction score
Yeah, I am getting that feeling that it might need more maintenance than it's worth. I need to finish the season out with it, and I think it will make it, but if it was a 4-6 hour job I would probably do it. Anyway, thanks for the input!

jmacl

Reaction score
Well it turns out it should be fine for the rest of the season. I was told to just tighten it up, and it will last, but I should have someone out to work on it once we are not longer heating.