Bladder Tank

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by tgsherman, Jul 13, 2006.

1. tgsherman

tgsherman New Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Will installing another bladder pressure tank of the same size next to the one I have now, give me twice the volume & also will the pump turn on only half as much as it does now? It turns on now at about 35psi & off at about 55psi.
    We are on a well point system & when the pump turns on it runs fairly long. I assume after all these years the screen on the point is getting plugged, but we cannot access it due to location. I also realize the pump will run longer with two tanks but will it turn on only 1/2 as much.

Thanks Tom Sherman, Milton, Wi.
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Pump Controls Technician
    Lubbock, Texas

Double the tank size or double the number of tanks cuts the cycling in half. Adding a Cycle Stop Valve will eliminate cycling. You can't add enough tanks to accomplish this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement