Black wall mount Case 3000 toilet help!

Users who are viewing this thread

maryann650

Reaction score
Our case 3000 is chipped in the back bracket and we need to replace it. Are there any black wall mounted toilets that the tank doesn't go into the wall. I've tried to search the internet and the American Standard discontinued the black wall mounts and everything else is a concealed tank, which I'm not too crazy about.
Thank you!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I assume you know that you will need to put the other two bolts in the carrier and remove the Case thingy that is presently attached to the carrier. The Case goes on a standard 4-bolt carrier, but you remove the other two bolts and install a hanger when mounting it. So presumably, but not definitely, you will be able to use the carrier that's in the wall, but you will have to get to it and do those modifications before installing a Glenwall or other toilet.

You've only got white, linen and bone these days in the Glenwall.

The Gerber Maxwell only comes in white in the wall-hung.

There used to be a third manufacturer, but I can't remember/find it right now. Maybe discontinued.

But those are your choices for a wall-mount, non-tank-in-the-wall setup. You can put the tank outside the wall with a Geberit Monolith, onto which you mount the tank-in-the-wall wall-hung bowl (like a Duravit Vero 221739 wall hung, which is black), but it's expensive to do so. The Vero in black, best price, is gonna be a grand, and the Monolith is gonna be at least $900. For that kind of money, you can get an amazing plumber to repair your Case 3000, which is a great toilet.

maryann650

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. Thank goodness for the internet. Yes, I looked into those brands and was hoping there was something else. So far I've had at least 4 plumbers work on that toilet and no one has been able to fix the leak inside the toilet. It's always fine when the leave and 2 weeks later the toilet is leaking again. This time we notice the back broken where it hangs ( but the bolted area is fine). A plumber told us it was no good anymore because it would break off the wall. So that was the beginning of our search. I love the toilet and hate to have it replaced but I don't think we can use it anymore with it broken like that. Hard to find a great plumber....Almost going to consider putting in the commercial black wall mount Kohler toilet with the flushometer. I think it would be strange to have a toilet like that in our house though. Thanks again for your advise and help!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
You would have to do some repiping to put in a flushometer, and have sufficient water pressure and pipe size to the flushometer. So that's probably not an option. Give us a little more info about the region in which you live, and maybe one of our members can recommend a great plumber. If you were in Arizona, I'm pretty confident that unless the porcelain is broken, our HJ could get you back in business, albeit not cheaply. And my guy Jim Brown here just loves working on the Case toilets. But not any handi-hack is familiar with their operation or understands the principles of their design.

When you say "leak", do you mean drip on the floor? Or do you mean that it runs on when it should shut off? The latter problems can be solved by a good plumber with a relatively-inexpensive set of parts. You don't need to do a full replacement of the guts, which is what some folks will try to sell you.

One option, depending upon your current plumbing setup, might be to see about installation of a floor flange and closet bend. It would be expensive, but how expensive it would be is a function of how your floor is made and of what, among other things. That would give you access to the widest variety of toilets. Toto, which gets good reviews on this forum, makes a number of its best models in black, for example.

maryann650

Reaction score
I live in southern California. My house was built in the 60s with a lot of commercial parts. At least that's what plumbers have told me. Also they've mentioned that the water pressure is high. As for the leak, I mean the toilet water is running in the bowl even though it should be done/off. After I flush, there is still water running. I've bought replacement parts online. It seems I've tried to keep this toilet. Yes, I was considering to convert the wall to floor mount so I would have more options. The floor is a elongated hexagon terra cotta. So much to consider, that's why I came to this site. Only forum that talks about case 3000 and knowledgable people.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I don't know any GREAT PLUMBER who would even attempt to repair the cracked hanger socket on a Case 3000, and guarantee that it would not collapse when someone sat on the bowl. The liability would be enormous if it did and the bowl shattered while someone was on it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks