Bidet faucet question

Users who are viewing this thread

Caryncbreeef

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post. Thanks for being patient. I have plenty of -plumbing experience, but getting ready to rough in my complete remodel myself. Reading about the bidet installation, and vacuum breaker requirement, I checked the faucet I purchased but all the searching I found no info. https://www.zoro.com/kingston-brass...f72f9c91f1081f4b6405fe8a516811b5&gclsrc=3p.ds

this is the faucet. I checked their website, the install info but nothing is clear. The bidet style has a vertical nozzle with the faucet and controls on the flat surface above the bowl, i have had no luck from mfg yet. Any suggestions to figuring out if it is built in?

thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
See the installation guide and parts diagram links at the bottom.

Caryncbreeef

Reaction score
See the installation guide and parts diagram links at the bottom.
I looked through that all yesterday but dont know what a check valve or vacuum breaker looks like. The parts diagrams have no names and while i can follow the lines, it still feels like a guess. A failed inspection here costs $160 for reinspection so getting it correct has financial benefits!

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the outlet of the spout is 1" or more higher than the top of the bidet then no vacuum breaker is required because that gap serves the same purpose - it is impossible to siphon tainted water from the bowl.

Caryncbreeef

Reaction score

Caryncbreeef

Reaction score
Sucess! After many tries reaching out to the faucet mfg I got through to a human being. According to him my faucet has a vacuum breaker built in to the diverter. He gave me a part number if I needed to confirm it. it would be nice if they added that info to the drawing or informational materials but that is probably asking for too much!

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sucess! After many tries reaching out to the faucet mfg I got through to a human being. According to him my faucet has a vacuum breaker built in to the diverter. He gave me a part number if I needed to confirm it. it would be nice if they added that info to the drawing or informational materials but that is probably asking for too much!
I don't think a bidet faucet would come without a vacuum breaker. I still can't believe the bidet seats don't. I've asked to see the info on the bidet seats and their means of backflow prevention and have yet to be satisfied. But a bidet is a legit plumbing fixture and as such the faucet would not come without a vacuum breaker.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks