Need to adapt faucet or tub to connect garden hose

Users who are viewing this thread

padmaster

Reaction score
I'm trying to find an adapter for either my sink faucet or my tub so I can connect a garden hose to one of them. I have a large 7'x18' shower/tub "wet room" and would like to be able to use hot water to hose the wet room down while cleaning it.

The sink faucet is a Delta Victorian wide handle. The spout is 3/4" diameter has a male threaded end that is 3/4"-27 thread.

The tub faucet is a Delta Victorian Roman Tub wide handle. The spout has a male threaded end but the thread size is not documented anywhere. I even called Delta and they couldn't tell me the thread size. The spout is right at 1" diameter so I imagine it has a 1" thread of some sort.

Here are some of the adapters I have looked at.

Not sure if the 3/4" FNPT would fit the sink faucet, but this would be perfect if it fit......
http://www.zoro.com/i/G2397516/?utm...9M5xORmcEI6kI-qrvmZb16KOzG258k8aTwBoCNv3w_wcB

With a 9/16" ID rubber fitting, I think I might could squeeze this over the 3/4" sink spout. Might be a tight fit though. Would be great if I could find one of these that would fit over the 1" tub spout. With this adapter I wouldn't have to worry about doping up the threads on the faucet.

Another option I am considering is to tap into the existing PVC and just put in a hose bib, maybe under the sink. I have seen several PVC hose bibs. This would be a little less convenient and quite a bit more expensive.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most faucet aerators are not pipe threads, they're a straight thread with a gasket to seal them. I had a waterbed a long time ago, and it came with an adapter that fit many faucets to convert to a hose so you could fill the bed with it. You may need to stack adapters...find a straight thread that fits a faucet to a pipe thread, then the fitting you already found. Keep in mind, a typical vanity faucet is flow restricted, and your hose would not get a lot of volume and therefore spray pressure. Better to use the tub valve, which, in most instances, is not flow restricted.

Asktom

Reaction score
Take the aerator off the lavatory faucet to a decent hardware store and they will have an adapter to hose thread that will work, almost certainly. You should even be able to set it up with a quick disconnect. Finding an adapter for the tub spout I doubt will happen.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score

Attachments

• faucet-aerator-thread-gauge-1.jpg
    faucet-aerator-thread-gauge-1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks