Best standard height 1.28gpf toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by KDK, Feb 15, 2013.

1. KDK

KDK New Member

Doing a remodel of my bathroom in SoCal, and looking for the best standard 14.5 in rim height - wife is only 5 ft tall, with short (but cute) legs.

Current rough is 12 in.

New local greenlaws in SoCal require 1.28 gpf

Thinking of getting a Toto Eco-Ultramax, but would prefer something with a skirt (like a Toto Carlyle, but its 1.6gpf, so no go)

Is there a good one out there that meets my wishes?

Thanks.

Ken
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The Carlyle II is 1.28g, but most of those are taller than you want. I'm not intimately familiar with their line...some more research might turn something up.
  3. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

A couple of options on regular-height toilets that meet the SoCal water-efficiency requirements.

Eco-Drake 1.28 gpf, regular height toilet on 12" rough, CST744E (or ES with Sanagloss coating). But no skirt.

Aquia II dual-flush 1.6/.9, which should be permitted where you are as it meets the requirements of the Watersense program. Regular height, skirted on 12" rough, washdown flush. CST416M

The original Ultramax had a skirted sister, the Carlyle, and the Ultramax II has a skirted sister, the Carlyle II. They still make the original Eco-Ultramax, but not its skirted sister, the original Carlyle. They do make a skirted Carlyle II, but it is Universal Height, MS614114CEFG

Hope this helps.