Best standard height 1.28gpf toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

KDK

Reaction score
Doing a remodel of my bathroom in SoCal, and looking for the best standard 14.5 in rim height - wife is only 5 ft tall, with short (but cute) legs.

Current rough is 12 in.

New local greenlaws in SoCal require 1.28 gpf

Thinking of getting a Toto Eco-Ultramax, but would prefer something with a skirt (like a Toto Carlyle, but its 1.6gpf, so no go)

Is there a good one out there that meets my wishes?

Thanks.

Ken

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Carlyle II is 1.28g, but most of those are taller than you want. I'm not intimately familiar with their line...some more research might turn something up.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
A couple of options on regular-height toilets that meet the SoCal water-efficiency requirements.

Eco-Drake 1.28 gpf, regular height toilet on 12" rough, CST744E (or ES with CEFIONTECT coating). But no skirt.

Aquia II dual-flush 1.6/.9, which should be permitted where you are as it meets the requirements of the Watersense program. Regular height, skirted on 12" rough, washdown flush. CST416M

The original Ultramax had a skirted sister, the Carlyle, and the Ultramax II has a skirted sister, the Carlyle II. They still make the original Eco-Ultramax, but not its skirted sister, the original Carlyle. They do make a skirted Carlyle II, but it is Universal Height, MS614114CEFG

Hope this helps.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks