best "roto Zip"

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by the pelon, Sep 9, 2008.

1. the pelon

the pelon New Member

What is the best "roto zip" type tool to buy. I know there are several different companies that now make them. What is the best overall tool to buy. Thanks, Pete
  2. Alectrician

Alectrician DIY Senior Member

I like the Rotozip brand. It also has a grinding wheel attachment.
  3. PEW

PEW DIY Senior Member

I also have a RotoZip brand which I use a lot. But, I also have a Fein Multimaster which is also great, does a lot without all the dirt of the RotoZip. They both can do things the other can't, so both are very useful.
  4. the pelon

the pelon New Member

thank you gents!
  5. AZ Contractor

AZ Contractor In the Trades

I have the cordless RotoZip. It works well for smaller applications.

I also have the corded Dewalt hole saw. I use it less but it also works well.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

roto zip

The bits and accessories are generic, so ANY device that spins them, such as a Dremel Tool will do the same job. The difference is in how the tool feels in your hand.
  7. teamo

teamo New Member

I have the rotozip as well as the dremel. They are two different tools. The dremel is only good for very small jobs. The Rotozip has a lot more power and can do heavier work such as grinding block and tile.
  8. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

There are a lot of small routers out there. Rotozip probably has a larger variety of add-on accessories. Check how many amps or watts the thing draws...larger numbers mean more power. See which one fits your hand best.