Battery Charger Replacement of the Zoeller 507 backup system??

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by jucs, Oct 7, 2012.

1. jucs

jucs New Member

Well, I think I done goofed first when I heard a huge bang in my basement and my battery literally blew up in the case (thank goodness it was contained). I would suspect my maintenance free die hard was not truly so and the water levels got low.

I got a new battery and hooked it up. The yellow light does not come on for the charger. I would assume this means the charger is toast as well?

The problem is how to replace this charger if this is the issue. The charger is very much wired into the switch/pump so to speak in this setup.

Any ideas how to proceed with this assuming I am correct with the charger not working anymore?

Thanks!
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

The charger is easy to test with a DC voltmeter if you are familiar with such.

Any 12V automatic charger will work for this system.
    The "Zoeller" charger is some other brand of charger/maintainer with their label on it.
  3. jucs

jucs New Member

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  4. cacher_chick

The extra (blue) lead on the Zoeller charger is for the alarm, and has nothing to do with keeping the battery charged or the operation of the backup pump. If you feel that you need the alarm function, you could buy a replacement charger from Zoeller, or you could install a separate high level alarm in your sump.
  5. jucs

jucs New Member

Thoughts on the link to the charger on Amazon? I think that would work just fine. I don't need an alarm. Thanks again for all the help....
  6. cacher_chick

The specs on the charger look fine.
    Whether or not it is a good quality product is questionable.

This looks familar- no?
    http://tinyurl.com/9su38at
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  7. tvl

tvl New Member

8. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

You really must research "GENIUS" battery chargers. Made in the USA, epoxy sealed and 5 year real warranty. They do float charge and main charge automatically. Good price and no chinese parts to burn up. http://www.geniuschargers.com/products