Bathtub drain crisis!

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by miamicanes, Nov 24, 2009.

1. miamicanes

miamicanes New Member

Ack! My friend's here to help me install it, and I just realized that the drain includes a thick foam ring (for the overflow) and a thin rubber ring (for the drain). Do I still use plumber's putty, or do the rings take its place? The overflow foam goes behind the opening. The bottom drain ring appears to go between the upper side of the drain hole and the ring.
  2. Nate R

Nate R New Member

No putty on the foam overflow gasket. The rubber gasket goes underneath the tub, between the drain shoe and the tub. Plumber's putty will still go between the top part of the drain at the tub. (The silver part of the drain that is on the floor of the tub gets putty underneath it.)