Bathroom vanity p trap

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by butwhydoitalk2u, Apr 11, 2012.

1. butwhydoitalk2u

butwhydoitalk2u New Member

2. Jerome2877

Jerome2877 In the Trades

Your creating an s trap, it will drain but it is not properly vented.
  3. butwhydoitalk2u

butwhydoitalk2u New Member

Might as well take apart the wall and raise the tee then. I don't want any issues just trying to save some time. I did notice that my drain goes into the wall then has a 90 to the right then....I don't know where else it goes. I imagine that behind the access plate on the wall there is a tee of some sort.

Can I just cut off the 90 that's in the wall running towards the vanity horizontally and place a 90 going up vertically then another going horizontal
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

NO! That would just create a more serious violation than the one in your drawing. If you raise the pipe you also have to raise the tee the pipe goes into. If the toilet is next to the sink, the pipe probably goes to a point near the center of the toilet and connects to its vertical vent.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Inn; I hope you did not go to the trouble of typing that instead of copy and paste.
  6. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Will I take it where? For a vacation in Jamaica?
  7. BobL43

BobL43 DIY Senior Member

I took a pedestal, but I will NOT take it on vaca with me.:p Maybe dimitry does. I love my umbrella, but a sink? that is just sick:p