Bath remodel, waste line help regarding venting

Users who are viewing this thread

dylannic

Reaction score
Hello,
Just doing a remodel on an older home and was wondering about venting the upstairs bathroom, is the setup as seen in the photo ok, with about 7' from the trap of the bathtub to the stack in my case? I also would do an AAV under the sink instead of the revent. Also curious if the 6" vent termination above the tallest fixtures flood level would mean that a separately vented bathroom on the 1st floor would have to meet that level of the 2nd or if it can just be 6" of that of the first? Thanks any help would be appreciated

Bathroom-Plumbing-System.jpg

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The vent needs to be 6"above the fixture it serves before to turn horizontally. In a horizontal wet vent the dry vent serves the bathroom so it would be above the lav.

Yes the picture you have is correct although your need to check if your allowed to use aav's in your area.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you are using an AAV , the 6 inch height of revent dosent apply but as drawn on the drawing its tieing into a vent pipe and not a drain pipe from a floor above as drawn its legal connecting with a drain pipe would be incorrect

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks