Basement toilet & shower rough in --Planning

Users who are viewing this thread

rosem637

Reaction score
Basement toilet and shower rough-in is in the planning stage. Is there a chance that the horizontal section of the vent could clog in this arrangement. Nothing is finalized yet.

Attachments

• b4-2.jpg
    b4-2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 23,450
Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
That would not be an approved install anywhere in the U.S. that I am aware of.

All vent take-offs must rise vertically to a level at least 42" above the floor.

rosem637

Reaction score
How about this? Fittings 3 and 7 are rolled a little bit off the horizomtal.

Attachments

• b42-2.jpg
    b42-2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 14,791

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You are wasting your efforts.

The angle of any section of vent below 42" must be greater than 45 degrees.

You are going to need to re-think your drain and vent routing.

What is that pipe coming down from above? If is is a drain for any fixture on the upper levels, you cannot make a vent connection to it in the basement.

A shower's vent can be 1-1/2", but the drain should be 2".

Last edited:

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
I can see why you'd rather not, but you're going to need to move the double wye downstream, so the vents can rise vertically inside that stud wall there.

I know it means breaking more concrete, and distrupting your laundry room area, but it's the proper way.

You just CANNOT have horizontal vent piping under the floor.

rosem637

Reaction score
I can see why you'd rather not, but you're going to need to move the double wye downstream, so the vents can rise vertically inside that stud wall there.
I know it means breaking more concrete, and distrupting your laundry room area, but it's the proper way.

Thats what I was afraid of.

You are wasting your efforts.

Not wasting anything as I am trying to determine the correct way.

What is that pipe coming down from above? If is is a drain for any fixture on the upper levels, you cannot make a vent connection to it in the basement.

There use to be a basement laundry sink on the other side so that stack rising is all venting. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks