Basement toilet & shower rough in --Planning

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by rosem637, Jan 1, 2013.

1. rosem637

rosem637 New Member

Basement toilet and shower rough-in is in the planning stage. Is there a chance that the horizontal section of the vent could clog in this arrangement. Nothing is finalized yet.

Attached Files:

• b4-2.jpg
      b4-2.jpg
      File size:
      68 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

That would not be an approved install anywhere in the U.S. that I am aware of.

All vent take-offs must rise vertically to a level at least 42" above the floor.
  3. rosem637

rosem637 New Member

How about this? Fittings 3 and 7 are rolled a little bit off the horizomtal.

Attached Files:

4. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

You are wasting your efforts.

The angle of any section of vent below 42" must be greater than 45 degrees.

You are going to need to re-think your drain and vent routing.

What is that pipe coming down from above? If is is a drain for any fixture on the upper levels, you cannot make a vent connection to it in the basement.

A shower's vent can be 1-1/2", but the drain should be 2".
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  5. dlarrivee

dlarrivee New Member

I can see why you'd rather not, but you're going to need to move the double wye downstream, so the vents can rise vertically inside that stud wall there.

I know it means breaking more concrete, and distrupting your laundry room area, but it's the proper way.

You just CANNOT have horizontal vent piping under the floor.
  6. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Neither vent is allowed.
  7. rosem637

rosem637 New Member

Thats what I was afraid of.

Not wasting anything as I am trying to determine the correct way.

There use to be a basement laundry sink on the other side so that stack rising is all venting. Thanks