Basement Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Giles

Retired tool & Die and Mechanic
Reaction score
A few weeks back, I posted some questions about a new bath I plan to install in my basement. I was asked by some to post a picture and have just now been able to do so. I hope the attached picture will help you help me. My main question is with the wet re-vent.
As you can see, the vent connection will be just above the two upstairs toilet entry points. This existing vent goes out the roof.
I have plenty of space from top of slab to the transition fitting to the horizontal line going to septic tank. The tank is to the left about 30' away. Below the slab, I plan to install 2 close coupled 4" sanTs with 3" inlet from toilet and the other one would have the 3" directing up to accept the lavitory and the whirlpool tub. Above these connections, the 3" pipe will go up and connect to the existing 3" vent. The new toilet will be within a couple of feet of the 4" line coming down to the slab.
Will this work?

Attachments

• PIC WITH TEXT.JPG
    PIC WITH TEXT.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 309

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You definitely need a competent plumber to come in and advise you as to what needs to be done not only with what you want to do but with what you have...

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
All of those sanitary Tee's laid on their sides and back are not legal. If you're going to do this job, everything you can see in the picture should be ripped out and done over the right way.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drainage

You CANNOT connect the vent where you intend to. It MUST be connected at least 42" above the upstairs floor, or go out through the roof separately. Plumbing is not just installing tees and pipes wherever you think they will work.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You CANNOT connect the vent where you intend to. It MUST be connected at least 42" above the upstairs floor, or go out through the roof separately. Plumbing is not just installing tees and pipes wherever you think they will work.

Hey, you mean I been doin it wrong all these years:D How dare you:rolleyes:

Giles

Retired tool & Die and Mechanic
Reaction score
No guys, I didn't do any of this plumbing. I have to agree that whoever did this job didn't take much pride in their work. I will have to admit that the system has worked for many years with no problems until recently.
In another post below, titled "Importance of drop" I discussed a problem with insuficcent drop with the 2" line extending to the right in the photo. I have since found that the previous owner partly created the problem by raising the line on it run to main drain. This was hidden behind a finished wall. As I have stated before, I am not a plumber but I would never make crooked connections or support plumbing by wire and nailes or wedged wooden blocks. This is especially true in a basement where it is quite visible. I am a "tool & die" maker and I take great pride in my work and in doing a job right the first time. That is the reason I am consulting you professionals.
It looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me. THANKS for all the replys.

onezee20

Master plumber and Bathtub Befinisher.
Reaction score
Website
www.plumberindenver.com
New to Forum

HI
Guys

I am new to the forum and did not know how to create a new post.
First, I agree that you should start from scratch.I would cut all that out and do it over.
Second ,My name is Ray Lopez,Licensed Master Plumber and Licensed Contractor from Denver Colorado.
I have lived here in CO.for 3 years via Brooklyn NY.
I have been a plumber for 29+ years and see there is alot of experience in this forum.
Is there a membership fee or something?How does this all work?
Thanks
Ray Lopez LMP

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Ray,...welcome to the group. We would love to take some money from you! But actually this is just a bunch of guys ( and gals ) who like to see what challenges other folks are working on, and offer some help to those who need it. We are more than happy for you to jump right in and make comments wherever you like.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
At the top of the forum listing without any threads open, on the left, there's a button labeled "New Thread".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks