Attach SS Sink to new Granite Countertop

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by weneedhelp, Apr 12, 2011.

1. weneedhelp

weneedhelp New Member

I have a 22/33 overmount that I have set into my 33" Sink Cabinet.

Just had new granite top installed and would like to attach sink using a Adhesive as i had done in previous installation.

What should I use?????? which will adhere to Stainless/Granite.

Thanks, always appreciated.

Sey
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

silicone or tub/tile caulk will do it, although you may have to put a weight into the sink to hold it down until the caulk sets.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If the clips that come with the sink aren't long enough to clamp it to the slab, they generally also offer longer ones as an option. The caulk helps to keep crud from accumulating under the lip, water from leaking through, and to act as a second means of holding it in place (in addition to the clamps).

Depending on the stone, some caulks can stain the stone. You may want to try it on a scrap or maybe the underside of the slab to see how yours reacts.
  4. weneedhelp

weneedhelp New Member

i think i will just call in the morning.
    it gets caught at the bottom of the brass tube. 32298 grohe.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  5. weneedhelp

weneedhelp New Member

fixed

Fixed used a round file to clean instide of brass tube. thanks
    Sey