Anyone run a Cuno/3M Iron removal system (Chem Free) with hydrocharger?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by cwilliams2000, Apr 3, 2013.

1. cwilliams2000

cwilliams2000 New Member

I have one of these in my house, but it got installed without the hydrocharger which definitely limits what it can do for iron removal. I did a rebed on the media, and one immediate thing I got was PH around 10.0, I spoke with Cuno who said this could be normal at first and then drop after a couple of weeks. Not sure about that, but could make sense.

I want to install the hydrocharger, but am worried that I will get tons of air all over, and would like to avoid a holding tank.

Just wonder what your thoughts are and if this technology works, I don't really have hard water and my iron is less than 2 and I have some managanese.