Any ideas on how to maximize this shower configuration?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by mdcupon, Jul 16, 2010.

1. mdcupon

mdcupon New Member

The shower head is centered directly above the tub but longwise. I am wondering how to adjust the configuration to make it feel more like a standard shower. I am renting so i cant mess with the tile so the option is a longer pipe or a shower head but any ideas are welcome.

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

What is your problem with the way it is? It appears to be about as close to a "normal shower" as you can get.
  3. mdcupon

mdcupon New Member

The tub itself is on the bottom from left to right. The head is right in the middle of it length wise. The main water spout and knobs for the tub are at the bottom right. This is not a typical setup. I trying to get ideas on how to move the shower head to the right or left ends.

4. mdcupon

mdcupon New Member

The shower head is centered directly above the tub but longwise. I am wondering how to adjust the configuration to make it feel more like a standard shower. I am renting so i cant mess with the tile so the option is a longer pipe or a shower head but any ideas are welcome.
  5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You could use a handheld hose and head, but without some holes, you'd have no place to mount it. Maybe some heavy duty suction cups might work, or silicon to glue something up. You could scrape it off with a razor knife when you got ready to leave. If the landlord ever came in mid-cycle to check or repair something, he might have a fit, though.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There is NO way to get the shower head to the wall over the faucet without repiping it, and then, because of the ledge and corner shower rod at that end, you would create other problems.