Another pressure tank question

Users who are viewing this thread

KQ2N

Reaction score
I have a new drilled well. Due to logistical reasons, the supply pipe was fed into the opposite side of the cellar from where the old pump/softener, and chlorinator (not so sure I need that now, but time will tell) is located. I have the option of moving the pressure tank to where the pipe enters the cellar and then running copper to the old location to hook into the existing house service piping , or piping the supply line direct to the old location and connecting it to the pressure tank where it is. Any preference? Is there any issue with using 1 inch plastic (the size coming in from the well) running across the cellar to the tank? I'll need to splice it as it enters the cellar to run across the length of the cellar, would that be a problem? How about condensation?

thanks!

Gary

Speedbump

Reaction score
I see no problem if you stay with 1". You will have condensation unless you insulate the pipe. Copper would look much nicer than plastic and it would stay level better than that droopie plastic would on your basement ceiling.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks