Another Newbie in search of a Water Softener

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by 210craig, Apr 3, 2014.

1. 210craig

210craig New Member

I have a 12yo Aquapure s200me that has sprung several pinhole leaks. Priced out replacement tank plus I have to have an adapter (this model valve does not screw in) $310.00. With age I decided to go new. Seems like the Fleck 5600SXT is popular. Looking for recomendation on size and any recomendation on where to purchase online.

Particulars:

Hardness: 17GPG
    Iron: 1 PPM
    People: 3
    Bath: 3
  2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Do you have any multi shower heads or body sprayers? My first thought is a 2 CF system based on water conditions.
  3. spete112

spete112 New Member

I just bought the Flex 5600 SXT I will be careful and leave the advice to the experts on this forum. Having said that I have a little more hardness and iron then you. Not much however a little more with just two people in our house however we have some high water use fixtures. So I am thinking your third person would probably equal our softner demand. Which is the 2 cu foot of resin and so far am very happy with what I bought. I don't want to violate any rules on this forum so if your would like to PM me I would be more then happy to tell you where I ordered my softner at. I was very please with how I was treated they shipped very quickly and did everything they said they would. They were the cheapest I found even though I was not looking for the cheapest price and they offered Paypal so my credit card was safe. The last added bonus was they shipped from their own facility not from a third party dealer.
  4. 210craig

210craig New Member

no muliti or body spayers

appreciate the advice
  5. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

You will have to use a resin cleaner with that much iron. I use iron out powder in with the salt. A 2 CF will work great for your application.
  6. 210craig

210craig New Member

i used Iron out in the old softener and I took the valve off and look at the resin in the tank, it looked pretty clean (creamy color) for 12 yo. Admittingly I don't know what clean resin looks like.
  7. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

There is a great hybrid design being released in a month that will be a traditional softener with true iron removal without affecting the softeners capacities of efficiencies. It uses off the shelf components, no proprietary equipment. I will PM you some information. It is in final test phase now so it wont be available for a few weeks.
  8. 210craig

210craig New Member

Sounds great. Like to check it out.