Americans talk too much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
...on their phones while driving which is why my State has made it an offence as from today to do so without a handsfree set.

England has had that ban for years and it is a good one.

Hurrah!

Let's hope the Feds issue a similar ban sometime soon so all Americans can start driving safely without killing people.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
That's true. I saw a woman on her phone while driving the other day.

Part of the problem is that the country is completely under-policed, both on the roads and on the sidewalks.

So you can essentially do what you want.

I'm getting the hang of this freedom thing.

A bit like permits for electrical and plumbing work. You wait weeks for the inpector to turn up, who gives no time and complains he has too much work to do when he does.

So he's in and out in five minutes.

Makes you wonder how they catch unpermitted work.

But of course we all know they don't.

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom.

We need to pay more taxes so this country can employ enough people to do the things the law says it should do.

Did someone say we complain too much?

Last edited:

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Four years ago I thought we had a cell-phone-talking epidemic; nothing was more important than talking on a cell phone and I have some evidence that it is/was a competitive thing.

Little did I know.

What worries me is the narcissistic angle.
You know how a little kid is pulling at this mother's skirts with something so important to tell her? Something that, to a two-year-old, will save the world? That's what this is.
But, two-year-olds are supposed to feel that way. Grownups are supposed to have long since been disillusioned of how important they are.

And I expect a rise in brain/eyeball cancer >20 years from now.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I was at work yesterday trying to take care of business for a woman who was on the cell phone. We ended up playing Charades. I would whisper a question while she motioned out the word. Honestly, it was quite entertaining and caught the eye of everyone around me. After she left, we all were doing it.

I envied her horribly important life. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks