Am I crazy for wanting to re-use 1950's tub toilet sink?

Should I re-use the 1950's fixtures?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

WoodenTent

Reaction score
My house has similar bits in it. In the end the parts really aren't worth keeping. Like a lot of remodel/re-use in houses, it doesn't make sense no mater how some folks spin it. You can buy a good quality tub for not a lot of money, or even go find a different salvage tub that doesn't need repairs. Repairing a lot of the stuff can get as expensive as a replacement. On stuff like the toilet, job one is it must be a toilet and flush good. That's where new comes into play. Just about any new toilet is going to flush better than older pre-conservation units. The toilet is one of those parts in a house that must always work, so I wouldn't even think of keeping an old one around. I tossed mine before I moved into my house, the toilet I put in may not be around post bath reno either, but it was better to have a new toilet for 5 years than the 60 year old one.

Think about your time, hassle, rehab cost, logistics of swapping parts around. is it really worth it?

The sink might be, as that will work well and probably just involve a new faucit. The tub and toilet, I just don't see it being worth it. Unless there is something I'm not seeing in that tub, it would be gone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks