Air in pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Glwalters82

Reaction score
I have a situation with air getting into my plumbing. I have flushed all the pipes numerous times but still get a sputter in the morning in the 2 2nd floor bathrooms. Each bathroom is fed by separate 3/4 inch pipes from the basement.

Any ideas where this air could be getting into the system?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Is it the hot lines, cold water lines or not sure?
Do you have an electric water heater? An electric element can get a pin hole and the water will turn to steam and not trip the breaker on the top heating element. Normally the hot water will get extremely hot. Eventually the element burns out.

Glwalters82

Reaction score
Is it the hot lines, cold water lines or not sure?
Do you have an electric water heater? An electric element can get a pin hole and the water will turn to steam and not trip the breaker on the top heating element. Normally the hot water will get extremely hot. Eventually the element burns out.
cold

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Yes there is a water softner
How often is a regen cycle?
Place the water softener on bypass mode, purge the air.
I have a situation with air getting into my plumbing. I have flushed all the pipes numerous times but still get a sputter in the morning in the 2 2nd floor bathrooms. Each bathroom is fed by separate 3/4 inch pipes from the basement.

Any ideas where this air could be getting into the system?
In the morning check for air.

if there is air the PRV is the next suspect. Some PRV's can be rebuilt.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks