advise on pump that is blowing fuse

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by bjkuhlma, Mar 12, 2008.

1. bjkuhlma

bjkuhlma New Member

I just bought ahouse and when the inspector tried to turn on the water the fuse immediately blow. The next thing I did was disconnect the wires at the well and and then it didn't blow so I an figuring that it is the pump, plus it is not a 3 way. Pump is at 80ft and well is 145ft. I have an irrigation system 4 full baths, but its not like they are all going to be going and a 2637 sq ft house. I was looking for advice on if I should go with a 3/4 or 1 HP and if I shown go with a bigger tank than by 32 gallon or a constant pressure. I guy says one thing the other say another. Plus what should I be looking at for price with insulation. Any advice with be greatly appreciated.
  2. Wayne64SS

Wayne64SS New Member

I just replaced my 1/2hp at 300ft deep. The guy only charged me $1100 including extended warranty to pull and replace it. I unfortunately have no idea on recommendations for what to put in there, but hopefully this should give a good price point. Also see my thread for some pics and a more detailed writeup.

If you have that pump disconnected check it for short, or i fyou're only 80ft it shoudl be really easy to pull outa there with you and a buddy. I can't believe how simple they are to pull and replace after watching the guys do it yesterday.