advice on plumbing a new half bath on slab - see pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

nj greenhouse

Reaction score
I have a washer/dryer already plumbed on the slab, and a little space to work with to add a toilet and sink. Ive gotten quotes to break the concrete and connect to the iron pipe currently under the slab, but they are more than I can afford and seems too much ($4000). The drain in the pic serves 1 full bath and the kitchen and the washer on the slab next to it, but nothing else. There is one vent at the roof.

I have done routine plumbing myself for many years, always with copper and pvc, but Ive never broken through concrete or re-worked a drain so close to or under the slab where it is already supporting alot of other connections, etc...

1 - Is it possible to get a wall hung toilet on the frame next to the drain and connect it? It looks like the glenwall would give me an extra 4-6 inches off the floor and the geberit an extra 7-11.
2 - Is breaking up the concrete and installing a regular toilet on the slab the best way, if not the easiest?
3 - Are the recommendations for the saniflo appropriate in this situation, pros/cons? if i went with the sanicompact then what would be the best venting solution for a sink draining to the sanicompact?

Attachments

• 20140806_080438.jpg
    20140806_080438.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 20140806_074550.jpg
    20140806_074550.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 285

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
1. It would be a LOT of work to install a Glenwall and $4,000.00 might not be enough.
2. it would have to be a very high "platform" and would affect your headroom
3. Why go with a pump when the drain is right there?
4. Is the $4,000.00 for just the plumbing,? If so call another plumber.

nj greenhouse

Reaction score
I agree, I am going to cut into the slab and lay the plumbing. Any tips on going through the footing which is in between the area where the toilet will go and the current location of the cast iron? Any other posts on this board (or anywhere else) with details about doing a job like this?

Thanks
Dan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks