Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by arnowell, Jun 12, 2011.

1. arnowell

arnowell New Member

I tried to change out the float and pressure valve in the side of my tank. Whoever installed the last one use pipe dope or something else that has it stuck. I don't want to put too much pressure on it to loosen it as I am afraid the plastic it is screwed in to will break. I tried to tighten the lock nut and then hold it with some channel locks while turning it. Any advice as I really don't want to have to purchase a new tank right now as the tank is about 5 years old.
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Post a picture if you can. I think you need to replace the entire AVC by unscrewing the 1 1/2" plastic threads from the tank.
  3. arnowell

arnowell New Member

Pic

Well.jpg

The lock nut is 3 inch, I think that the inside has a lip that keeps the whole thing from coming out
  4. arnowell

arnowell New Member

The ACV screws into the black plastic, I bought a new one just am having trouble getting it out due to the previous owners mess up
  5. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Looks like the AVC is screwed into a tank adapther. Weird! If so, you have to keep the tank adapther from turning somehow to unscrew the AVC.