Advice for placing water hammer

Users who are viewing this thread

beatricethecat

Reaction score
Hello forum - I've searched around a bit but haven't found a good answer to my issue. I'm trying to help out my mom as her washing machine makes the pipes rattle and I'm fairly certain the lines need a water hammer. The problem is there's not really space for one near the valves. I'd rather not mess with the cooper connections to turn the valves upward but I'm not sure I can add some sort of extension attach the hammer. I've gathered that adding the hammer on the washing machine side isn't very helpful. Looking for DIY advice if it's available or any other advice. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3323.jpg
    IMG_3323.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3324.jpg
    IMG_3324.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 24

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Just reduce the fill rate of the machine by partially closing the supply spigots. Shouldn't need a water hammer arrestor if you slow the feed rate down a bit.

Reach4

Reaction score
A water hammer arrestor can go behind the WM, or on the faucet end of the hose.

beatricethecat

Reaction score
Thank you Reach4 and Valveman for your quick answers! This is all very helpful. Tried reducing pressure first and now a the hot water spigot is leaking so I'm going to have to fix that first then try again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks