ADA Design

Users who are viewing this thread

Gsensel

Reaction score
I posted before and got great help and have decided to go with the Aquia line for and upcoming bathroom model. My question now related to the ADA model vs a standard. Currently I am an able bodied 26 year old male so I don't need it and really should I ever need it my bathroom will have more issues because it is much smaller and cramped than a handicapped person would need. On the tot site there is a price difference of 136 dollars (seems like a lot), and I have contacted one supplier for an actual quote. Is it worth the price difference or needed to go with the ADA version?

CentralTXPreacher

Reaction score
Being young you might not "need" it now, but if you plan on staying in the house for many years you will be glad that you went with the ADA. Look at it as an investment for your creaking bones of later years! You're 26 now, but in 20 years you will be 46 and trust me, regular toilets seem to get lower and lower to the ground as you get older. Take that $136 and divide it by those 20 years and it is a little over $6 a year investment...or 50 cents a month. And just because you have an ADA toilet, doesn't mean you have to have an ADA compiant bathroom. Also what are the odds that you are going to sell the house, when you do, to someone who is older. Odds are they will be. That ADA toilet might just be the thing that "swings" them your way if they are looking at another comproble house that has a regular builder grade toilet.

In my house one bathroom has an ADA toilet the other doesn't. If I need to "sit and ponder", I will always go to the ADA toilet. And if my wife happens to be in the bathroom, I will wait till she is done. It is just that much more comfortable in using.

That's just a balding preacher's two cents worth.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; And if my wife happens to be in the bathroom, I will wait till she is done. It is just that much more comfortable in using.

That is the key thing. People seem to like using the higher toilets, regardless of their age.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks