A letter from American Standard

Users who are viewing this thread

Herrada

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but a "Senior Vice President and General Counsel" sending a letter like that is ridiculous. It must be hard to get good help these days. Doesn't she have a clue about what would happen if she sent letter like that?? All she did is more damage, and reinforced any negative perception about the company. Don't they understand anything?? Are lawyers so disconnected for reality that they don't understand the consequences (direct and indirect) of their actions? Do they actually read and comprehend what they are reacting to, or is it just willful misrepresentation? Neither is attractive for American Standard. Basically they look ridiculous, and they will loose more customers due to that letter than they will from the comments on this website.

If I were the CEO of American Standard and my "Senior Vice President and General Counsel" sent a letter like that, I would fire them. But then, I suppose it's the CEO that sets the tone for the company, so he's at least indirectly complicit in this. American Standard is an old established company with a long, distinguished history. However, they need to realize that this is 2010 and companies need to behave differently than they did in 1965. They need to get with the program, and understand how markets work today, how consumers consume today, and the power and speed of information and its dissemination. There are a lot of models out there for modern, consumer-oriented companies. American Standard needs to adopt one and transform themselves in to a company that will thrive in the 21st century.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks