A few misc questions

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by traveling man, Jan 6, 2007.

1. traveling man

traveling man New Member

It's time to change the diaphram water tank. Does a larger capacity tank mean that the pump will not have to come on as often? I have a 20/40 pressure switch at present. The tank comes with 30 lbs of pressure installed. Do I have to let out 10 lbs to match my switch? Will a 40/60 switch result in more water pressure? Is there anything special I need to know about installing a new tank?

Thanks much to this forum. I have learned quite a bit about my water well system.

Traveling Man

2. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

Water well and pump tech.
    It's time to change the diaphram water tank. Does a larger capacity tank mean that the pump will not have to come on as often? Yes it does, or get a Cycle Stop Valve
    I have a 20/40 pressure switch at present. The tank comes with 30 lbs of pressure installed. Do I have to let out 10 lbs to match my switch? Let out 12 pounds to make the pressure in the tank 18 lbs.
    Will a 40/60 switch result in more water pressure? Yes, but air the tank up to 38 lbs.
    Is there anything special I need to know about installing a new tank? Should be a direct replacement all but the air pressure.

bob...

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. traveling man

traveling man New Member

Thanks Bob for the quick response. You are always very informed.

Traveling Man