3/4' poly into 3" DWV PVC

Users who are viewing this thread

Jsncrso

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm installing a macerating toilet in a detached outdoor workshop. The discharge of this toilet is 3/4". I plan on running poly pipe from the toilet and into to the 3" PVC pipe that leads into my septic tank. What is the best way to accomplish this without a ridiculous number of bushings and adapters?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Nomally, there is no way to go from 3" down to 3/4" without a bunch of reducers, but since you did not state HOW you are connecting to the 3" we cannot tell you the easiest way to do it.

Jsncrso

Reaction score
Nomally, there is no way to go from 3" down to 3/4" without a bunch of reducers, but since you did not state HOW you are connecting to the 3" we cannot tell you the easiest way to do it.

That's essentially the question I'm asking. The 3" PVC is 18" below grade and the 3/4" poly pipe will be about 6" below grade. I'll do it however way works best which is why I'm asking you guys.

I know they make those T fittings that snap over smaller diameter pipe and you drill out the outlet so I wasn't sure if they made something like this for larger pipe.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I would be cutting a 3x3x1-1/2" wye into the main line and reducing from there.
Given the choice i would not use poly, but then again I would not install a macerating toilet either.

Jsncrso

Reaction score
I would be cutting a 3x3x1-1/2" wye into the main line and reducing from there.
Given the choice i would not use poly, but then again I would not install a macerating toilet either.

I wouldn't either except for the fact I have less than a foot of drop over 75' and a sump pump basin would be subject to rainwater intrusion. Thanks for the tip, that does sound more doable.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you were in Barrow County you would most likely drill a hole in the 3" with a spade bit, stick the poly into the hole, and dump a 60# bag of Quick-crete on it and cover it up. I'm not at all suggesting that you do this. I plumbed a shirt-load of houses over there and I've seen a bunch of interesting stuff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks