2" sewage check valve recommendation

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Hotbacon, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Hotbacon

Hotbacon New Member

I need to replace the check valve above our sewage ejector pump again (2nd time in 10 years). The first time the flapper had broken loose, thus defeating the purpose of the check valve. This time I'm just tired of hearing the loud banging and worrying what it's doing to the system. Can anyone recommend a good quality 2" sewage check valve? Slip on style is preferred to solvent weld.

I googled silent sewage check valve, as is often recommended in similar threads, but am not sure which brands are good quality.
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Replace it with what you can find locally and this time drill a 3/8" hole through the check before installing it.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote; this time drill a 3/8" hole through the check before installing it.

And, if you do that, you might as well remove the check valve because it will be useless.
  4. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

It's a little pricey, but we have grown to love the A.Y. McDonald 2066s.
  5. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Yep, thought he was talking sump pump