10" rough in toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

bs1231

Reaction score
After my bath remodel, I have 11" rough in. After looking at the Toto toilet (unifit for 10" rough in) I see in needs 8" water rough in to accomodate the skirt. I have 5" to the flange center, 6" to the pipe.

I could use some help. I don't want a cheap, crappy (sorry!) toilet.

Any suggestions?

I'm also curious what thoughts are on the pressuse-assisted units. It looks good on paper. Are they loud?

Thanks for the forum and thanks in advance for your time.

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've hqd a 91/2" rough in before ,,,got advice on this forum to use a Kohler 10" rough with a "Serif" tank,,,IT WORKS GREAT !! Should be plenty of room for that water line also.

It ain't cheap,,,Don't go cheap,,,cheap sucks !

cal

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
There is an angle stop valve company called Dahl. They make a nifty little ninety degree adapter to which their angle stop attaches. I have used these on the Toto skirted toilets successfully. I know the adapter is available for 5/8" copper compression. If you have trouble finding it locally, I know Rubenstein Supply in Oakland, CA has some: 510 444-6614.

On the other hand the Toto Ultramax looks great.

TOTO now has a 10" dual flush at the factory.

cst412mf.10_main.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bs1231

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the input. What a great site.
After posting my situation, I learned a ton through the forum. I gave up on the Toto, since my tile is up and I don't want to move the water line. I am really glad I saw that on the spec sheet! I'll look at Toto on the next bath upgrade. It really looks like an awesome product.

I decided on the Gerber ultra flush 21-311. Reviews look good and I hope it's a good choice.

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks