1. Wallace 49

Omnigrip

Anyone have an opinion on Omnigrip for 6 inch shower tile? Thanks, Don
  2. Wallace 49

corner shelf in shower

corner A niche sounds cool to me. 30 inch tub. Thanks
  3. Wallace 49

corner shelf in shower

I'm using 6 inch white tile on my shower walls over my new tub. Does anyone have an opinion about using ceramic corner shelves? Do they become elbow or head bangers? Which end of the shower stall should it be placed? Thanks
  4. Wallace 49

Americast bathtub creaks

Americast Honeysuckle, You can unorder it. Don't settle at this point. I know how you feel, but you will be much happier knowing you did it right the first time. As you know I already have mine installed ,and it's coming out. Do yourself a favor and learn from my mistake. I wanted cast to begin...
  5. Wallace 49

Americast bathtub creaks

Americast Creaking OK, game over. I got the plumber back to check the tub and he was surprised at the amount of noise it was making. Long story short, Americast is coming out cast iron is going in. It's what I wanted originally, but got talked into Americast because of weight. He is a stand up...
  6. Wallace 49

Americast bathtub creaks

americast It's only been installed for 2 days. I noticed the creaks when I was starting to hang the hardiboard for the tile job. It's had some pretty heavy guys in and out of the tub for 2 days. I'm thinking of telling them to switch it out to cast iron, my first choice, or get a written...
  7. Wallace 49

Americast bathtub creaks

Americast creaking OK, I have heard of the mortar method before, but this manufacturer says it is not needed. I think it's a good idea for support. Anyway, now that it's been flexing and squeaking i'm concerned that the enamel finish has been compromised even if it can't be seen now. What do...
  8. Wallace 49

Americast bathtub creaks

I just had an Americast bathtub installed. When you stand in it it creaks like crazy. A ledger board was used, Sound seems to be comming from slight flexing of tub against studs. Tub has been fastened to studs with head of roofing nail catching flange. Any ideas? I,ve got the plumber returning...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks