corner shelf in shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Wallace 49

Reaction score
I'm using 6 inch white tile on my shower walls over my new tub. Does anyone have an opinion about using ceramic corner shelves? Do they become elbow or head bangers? Which end of the shower stall should it be placed? Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
shelf

If you are going to use it for shower related items, it would go at the shower head end so you do not have to turn around or reach behind you. It would not normally be large enough to create a hazard.

Prashster

Reaction score
Depends on the size of your shower. if it's less than 40ish" deep, then it might be an issue.

The 'in' thing to do is to make build a recessed niche into the wall. They have preformed recesses (search noble niche) that get cemented into a stud cavity. No hazard. Looks beautiful. They even have double level and arched ones that give a ledge for shampoos and a separate one for soap. Try not to place niche in direct line of spray.

Corner shelves can be placed on either inside corner.

Chassis

Engineer
Reaction score
IMHO the shelves should go in the end of the tub opposite the water controls. Avoids the bar of soap getting unnecessarily dissolved by water spray.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
corain corners

in my own tub I have a corian shelf ....

they are basically triangles that simnply go into the corner and

you tile around them.... I have a fairley large one...it holds lots

of shampoos ect...

you can get them at any decent tile outlet....
.much more durable than a china shelf.

If I had to do it again I would probably have put one

on both ends of the tub...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks