Search results

1. TMB9862

Can THW wire be used underground in conduit?

I want to add a sub-panel to my detached garage about 50' away. I have a bunch of #6 wire I would like to use if I can. The black is marked "THW 600v". The red and white I have is marked "MTW - Type THW 600v. From what I've gathered a W in the wire designation means it is sutible for wet...
  2. TMB9862

Anyone here work in PA? Employment question

I live in NY right now and am considering a move to PA. I've been working for a plumbing company a few years now in NY and have a decent job. 1. I've heard you don't need a license to be a plumbing in PA, is that true? 2. If it is do you have every schmuck with a wrench running around...
  3. TMB9862

Wall mount sink sagging, trap no longer lines up

I have an old cast iron wall mounted sink in a rental. I got a call today that it was leaking and immediately noticed it sagging and the tail piece was at a bad angle. Upon further inspection the sink is still firmly mounted to the wall. The wall is actually out of whack. I really don't want...
  4. TMB9862

Cleaning turbo torch tips?

How do you guys clean these out? I've got a bunch of them that either have a horrible flame or spew black gunk all over. I finally ran out of extra tips and it's now either clean em up or buy new ones. I know you can remove part of the bottom with an allen key but where do you go from there...
  5. TMB9862

Gas pipe thread sealent question. What's legal?

Usually I use regular old pipe dope for gas lines. I know their is a special kind of tape you are allowed to use as well though I've never used it. I've gotten mixed answers about the legality of the real thick pipe dopes that dry within a few days on gas lines. Does anyone know if products...
  6. TMB9862

Where do you get a curb key?

I need/want to change out the old gate valves around my meter. I could borrow a key from work but I'd like to have my own. Thing is the plumbing supplies don't sell them and no one even knows where the ones at work came from.
  7. TMB9862

Tub type for an apartment?

I have a tenant moving out and his apartment is in desperate need of some updating. Currently their is a standard size baby puke green cast iron tub with matching sink and toilet, and even some green tile to boot. I’m going to be ripping out the fixtures, walls, and the floor (although I hope...
  8. TMB9862

Are peerless faucets any good?

My 35 year old delta bathroom faucets are shot (holes rotted in them). I've got a couple Peerless faucets sitting here that were pulled from a new construction home where the buyer/owner didn't like the look and had them switched before moving in. Are they worth putting in or should I use the...
  9. TMB9862

Anyone have any advice on getting into the plumbing field?

I know all you plumbers on here started somewhere. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice they could share on getting started. A little background: I've done plenty of plumbing before working for general contractors but it seems no one is willing to consider hiring someone without...
  10. TMB9862

Replaceing flange on lead bend

I have lead pipe running to a flange which has split all the way around. I have to raise the flange as well to meet the new floor going in. What's the best way to go about this? The lead pipe ends just left of what you can see in the picture into a cast pipe. I was thinking of cutting the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks