Cleaning turbo torch tips?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by TMB9862, Feb 17, 2008.

1. TMB9862

TMB9862 New Member

How do you guys clean these out? I've got a bunch of them that either have a horrible flame or spew black gunk all over. I finally ran out of extra tips and it's now either clean em up or buy new ones. I know you can remove part of the bottom with an allen key but where do you go from there? Soak it in diesel, tiny wire brush, etc?
  2. krow

krow Plumber

For my torch tips I usually replace the filter with a new one and the flame will be as good as gold
  3. Filters????

I usually soak them in gasoline

How do you change a filter on one of those ????

Usually when all else fails I heat up the tip with another
    torch and that will clean out all the debris and solder balls that get
    inside one of them....

I never knew that their was even a filter that could be changed
  4. srdenny

srdenny Plumbing Contractor

Filters are on the bottom tof the tips. They come out with an allen wrench.
    A tip that has hardened solder in it might require heating up to make it flow out.
  5. Herk

Herk Plumber

Tip #57: don't lose the orifice when you take it out to clean it. :eek: