Search results

1. AH81

Toto Drake Dilemma

So I just installed my first Toto Drake 1.6 gpf. Toilet bowl - C744EL Tank - ST743S I have to say Im not happy. I rebuilt this bathroom. I replaced the subfloor, rebuilt the toilet flange for a 12" rough in from the finished wall. The Drake's tank sits 1.75" off the finished wall. Its a small...
  2. AH81

Threaded tub spout blocking

Ive been remodeling my bathroom with a lot of help from this forum, but I am having all the copper soldering done by a plumber. Per his recommendation, I added blocking with clips for the tub spout. Said he like it really tight with no movement. Im almost done, Hardiebacker and tile up. He...
  3. AH81

Proper toilet flange orientation

Finishing up a bathroom remodel and am about to install the toilet flange on top of the finished floor. Standard 3" PVC with a 12 inch rough-in. What is the proper orientation of the toilet flange in relation to the closet bolts? Took two photos. One photo shows the bolt tight against the...
  4. AH81

Kohler Cast iron porcelain

Afternoon, I recently noticed that I have some small faint dimpling on the surface of my new kohler bellwether cast iron tub. . Been using it a few months no other issues. At the base of some dimples there is a gray under tone. Not sure if its shadowing, or the dark metal showing through the...
  5. AH81

Cast Iron Waste Overflow

I am installing the Kohler K-7160 waste overflow to a K-837 Bellwether cast iron tub. I have called Kohler, but I'm curious what the folks here say here. I have read a lot on here and found you all to be very helpful. I have attached photos. One Home Depot photo for reference: Two photos...
  6. AH81

Tightening flange to tub boot, how much?

Hello, I have been a long time reader of this forum and have found it very helpful, thank you. With information Ive read here I have been able to rebuild my 1959 bathroom stronger than before, with plumbing to code, and a new Kohler bellwether cast iron tub. The joists and subfloor are plenty...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks