Search results

1. jdhoffman

Gas water heater submerged

I'm taking care of the flood issue as I post this. I'm just thinking that I may be better off putting in an electric water heater. Ive had those before and had it raised on a platform this is a new house and I just replaced what was existing here
  2. jdhoffman

Blower motor not starting

Furnace blower motor hums when it's not running. It turns on when it's supposed to, runs and shuts down just fine. Is it the capacitor?
  3. jdhoffman

Gas water heater submerged

I've lost 2 gas hot water heaters in 3 years due to basement flooding. I'm tired of this the water gets into the burners which voids the warranty. The thing is if it even gets 3" of water it gets into the burner. I'm thinking of putting in an electric hot water heater will that save me from...
  4. jdhoffman

Gas water heater flooded

I'm waiting now for a plumber to inspect it. I hate working with gas otherwise I'd have it apart by now. The water came from a massive rainstorm. So there is no warranty on it.
  5. jdhoffman

Gas water heater flooded

I've have a Reliance gas water heater 3 years old with a electronic Honeywell gas ignitercontrol We had a flood about 2' of water. I'm sure I need to replace the control. The plumber wants to put in a new one & bill my insurance $1000. Can I just replace the control?
  6. jdhoffman

New here, I'm the type of guy that can do almost anything if I read up on it.

New here, I'm the type of guy that can do almost anything if I read up on it.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks