Search results

1. atfdmike

Will RhinoTools PD55 Drive a saind point well

hi, I made my own driver to drive up to a 2" well by taking a 36" length of steel hollow heavy wall pipe with 1/2" wall, welding a 6" round plug in the end with an eye bolt at the top, and a solid 1" T-bar that I add weight to for driving purposes. My results were similar for yours in driving...
  2. atfdmike

Myers jet pump conversion to shallow well??

I am in no pressing hurry, so Speedbump, I can wait for a quote. You all have given me great advice in this forum, so I like to support it any way I can, price competitiveness not withstanding!
  3. atfdmike

As a final note, I called my local Myers pump dealer and they have the shallow well ejector for my Myers Convertible pump for about $70 and it is in stock, so I should be all set. All they needed was the pump model number and they looked it up. Thanks for the help!
  4. atfdmike

Thanks Wet Boots for the suggestions. I will follow up and see if I can get one locally. I appreciate the info.
  5. atfdmike

I believe that my pump is convertible, as it has the tapped bolt holes on the face that would accept the bolts for a shallow well ejector. I emailed Myers but have gotten no response (yet?). Did I overlook a part no. on the sites you posted, as I can find the drawing which includes an ejector...
  6. atfdmike

Hi all, I recently picked up a used Myers HJ75D Jet pump. I would like to use it as a shallow well pump, but have not had any luck on a search of this site for a related article. A google search led me to the myers site, but a product manual showed a diagram of the pump with a shallow well...
  7. atfdmike

Shallow well vertical casing adapter

'gotcha! That coupling is a good idea! Sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, so I must be explosive after today!!?? Now that we know it is going to be a challenge, I am almost looking forward to doing it (key word is "almost"). This forum is great!
  8. atfdmike

OK Bob, so we need to hold the drop pipe while removing bolt or we will lose the drop pipe, right? Once we have loosend it up, then we need to pull the drop, packer and all to replace or repair the pipes. Just to fix a leaking seal, hopefully. Thanks so much for your help.
  9. atfdmike

Bob, I put a picture of adapter here: http://www.carspace.com/atfdmike/Albums/Well/adapter.jpg/page/photo.html#pic Would you mind looking at it and seeing if it is the one you are referring to? Thanks.
  10. atfdmike

I never thought this question would start so much conversation! Well, looks like we are back to square one. It is the dreaded Sears adapter on a Steel 2" well, With a sears 1/2 pump. There are three bolts on the adapter, two of them hold the compression flange on the two pipes going in to...
  11. atfdmike

I hope this will be the final question ..... OK, now I understand about what kind of jet system he has and how it works. Also, I see that I cannot move the drop pipe at all for fear of permanently breaking the seal that allows the jet to force more water from the well. The leak appears only...
  12. atfdmike

OK, I think I am getting the picture now. The pump and tank are located in a well pit outside the cabin. It is a steel well. The adapter and pipes are covered in rust and some type of sealer that his Dad tried to stop the leaking water with before, so this has been going on for some time. If I...
  13. atfdmike

OK, We had not seen it but the well report says there is a "K-Packer" and a Bremer Check and that it is "blank above screen 4 feet". I did not mention it because it did not mean anything to me. I don't know what a "deep well ejector" is that Ron refers to either; but can the leak be fixed, or...
  14. atfdmike

Hi, Well, I am back to the source of all well knowledge, but this time for a friend. He inherited a cabin in the woods that has a two inch well at 30 feet deep. the static water level is at 4 feet below land. It was pumped 2 1/2 hours at 10 gpm and the water was at 21 feet below land back in...
  15. atfdmike

Anyone???

water softener I am definitely going to pass this along to my sister in law. One of the reasons I think she asked me for advice is that she has the same fears about being taken advantage of because she is a woman and/or unfamiliar with this equipment. (I HAD to be her only alternative....LOL)...
  16. atfdmike

Anyone???

answers to questions Thanks for reply Master Mark, My concern is also that my sister in law not get sold a bill of goods or scammed. She did not tell me how much they wanted for their equipment, but I will ask. Right now I want to know what size machine she needs, and I think I now have a...
  17. atfdmike

Anyone???

water softener or savastat anyone? Thanks for the quick comeback Jimbo. Do you expect a softener as you computed to take care of the scale or staining my sister in law is concerned about? Someone told her that she also needs something called a Savastat. It charges the water or something like...
  18. atfdmike

Anyone???

My sister in law is in the process of buying a water softener for her home. It will be a new installation. She has city water but it is from wells, and is treated for hardness. She is worried about the mineral build up she is seeing on her plumbing fixtures, I guess it would be lime and or...
  19. atfdmike

Kohler Flapper replacement

flapper Thanks for taking the time to reply! I believe that is just what I am going to do. I am a bit disappointed with the toilets behavior, and the old saying is that to repeat mistakes and expect a different outcome is a definition of insanity, so I will go with the Korky's and see how it...
  20. atfdmike

Kohler Flapper replacement

Hi, I have a Kohler San Raphael one piece toilet that has always seemed to need the jiggle technique to get a good seal. I replaced the flapper once with the original Kohler part, but I wondered if maybe one of the pros would recommend a different brand or replacement for the Kohler part that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks