Kohler Flapper replacement

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by atfdmike, Mar 26, 2007.

1. atfdmike

atfdmike New Member

Hi, I have a Kohler San Raphael one piece toilet that has always seemed to need the jiggle technique to get a good seal. I replaced the flapper once with the original Kohler part, but I wondered if maybe one of the pros would recommend a different brand or replacement for the Kohler part that would work better. The original Kohler number on the toilet is K 3397 and the number on the flapper I used is 42388. I have a well and it drives me crazy when I hear the pump kick on....I know the toilet is leaking! Thanks for any suggestions!
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

flapper

I NEVER use the OEM Kohler part. I always use Korky's replacement.
  3. atfdmike

atfdmike New Member

flapper

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I believe that is just what I am going to do. I am a bit disappointed with the toilets behavior, and the old saying is that to repeat mistakes and expect a different outcome is a definition of insanity, so I will go with the Korky's and see how it goes. Thanks again.